Wednesday 13 April 2016

Intel, Android Emulator, Hyper-V and HAXM. What's going on?

In my pursuit to get going with android development, I have been looking at tools I can use.

It appears that I needed to install AVD (Android Virtual Device) in order to run the Android emulator.

But I hit a snag on my INTeL I7-2600 CPU based computer. HAXM that is required on INTeL based computers said my CPU did not support VT-X. This is not true at all, because an I7-2600 DOES support it.

Long story short, it looks like Hyper-V was the culprit. I uninstalled Hyper-V and this allowed HAXM to be installed as it correctly detected that indeed my CPU does have VT-X.

So all those wanting to be Androiders Coders and find this is happening, then remove Hyper-V. You can do this from Control panel/programs and  features, go to "turn windows features on or off". Untick Hyper-V.


Good luck!

No comments :

Post a Comment